3/1/08

"If my people, who are called by my name..."

Whether we like to admit it or not, Christianity is losing ground in our nation.  Research conducted by Christian organizations and by secular organizations reveal this truth.  

Read this.

Whose responsibility is it?  Who has God commissioned to advance the cause of Jesus in our nation?  Me and you.

2 Chronicles 7:14  "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

The wicked ways of churches are prevalent every where you go....when we argue over the color of the carpet, who should be on what committee, split hairs over non-important doctrinal matters, dispute over music style, bask in the illusion of our own righteousness, engage in self preoccupation as a church....and a million other things that distract us from being missional...we reveal our wicked ways.

"God forgive us.  May disciples of Jesus in our nation, starting with me, wake up and take your command to win people to Jesus with life or death seriousness.  May we find confession and repentance before you.  May our churches be filled with repentant hearts ready to do your will.  Show us what we need to do different as a church to advance your Kingdom in our nation.  Amen.