5/8/10

Prayer

If you have children you know that they are capable of prayer from a very young age. My oldest son, Seth, will be three years old on the 20th of May. We have been teaching him the ACTS prayer since he was two years old: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. It goes something like this each night: "I pwaise you Jedus, I sawee to you Jedus, I tank you Jedus..." etc. Since that time his prayer life has grown to "tanking Jedus" for everything you can imagine...Wal Mart, flags, Lighting McQueen (his favorite race car), Mommy, Daddy, Levi, clouds, guns, trees, etc, etc. One of my favorite is that he prayes for "mish-o-mewries" (missionaries).

This blog post was prompted by something I saw Seth do (on his own) before lunch just a while ago. Seth was saying how he missied Mommy because she is gone right now and was not eating with us. He got up from the table and went to his little brother, Levi, and said "lets pray for mommy". He grabed Levi's hands and folded them in a prayer position, bowed his head, and said a prayer for his Mommy. I was blown away! He is already teaching his brother how to pray!

Then, as I was writing this blog post it was time for Seth's nap. I took him upstairs and said nite nite quickly because I was eager to get back to the computer and finish this post. Seth stopped me and said "no Daddy, pray!". So I went back and prayed with him. After I finished I said nite nite and he said "no Daddy, me pray!". So I went back and listened to him pray a prayer of thankfulness for all the important things in his life...like Black Beauty, his flags (all the SEC teams in his room), mommy, daddy, Samson (our 6lb yorkie), etc, etc.

I am so proud of my son.