3/26/08

Easter Sunday



This past Sunday was a great day. Not including the Sunrise service (above pic) we had 585 people in worship. I was encouraged by all the new faces I saw at church. I hope all of them enjoyed our church and will come back on a regular basis. There were many of our regular members who were not there as they were traveling to be with their extended families. We missed all of you who were not able to attend.

It was such a privilege doing baptism on Easter. Some of you have asked me about why I do baptism on Sundays (like Easter, Grand Opening, etc) that are already so busy. My response is for that very reason...because there is so much going on and so many people in attendance. My goal is to always do baptisms in the most public fashion possible...and when there is likely to be un-believers present.

I am very excited that we had 4 professions of faith this past Sunday. We also have others that have been waiting to be baptised but could not make it last Sunday...so we have another baptism scheduled for this coming Sunday.

Many of you may have noticed that I was not quite myself this past Sunday. Well, it was Seth's fault. He brought home a virus that jumped on me Saturday night! I felt so bad on Sunday I thought I was going to pass out at the 8:30 service! Josh told me "you better not fall over...I am not preaching for you." I am glad he had my back. :) At least Alan still loves me!

I am all better now. Kelly and I are headed to the beach for Friday and Saturday. I am coming back on Saturday but Kelly will be gone all next week. It will just be me and Samson all week long. Sounds like a great time to get some Doctoral work done.